Information in English about coronavirus and COVID-19
Skellefteå municipality will be monitoring developments in regards to the spread of the COVID-19 virus in cooperation with relevant authorities, Region Västerbotten and Länsstyrelsen (the county administrative board). This is done through a working group led by the municipality's security manager.
Due to the spread of the corona virus in Sweden, it is important to follow the Public Health Authority's recommendations in order to limit and lessen the effects. Here are the present recommendations.
You should stay at home and minimise your contact with others if you have the following symptoms:
- • respiratory (breathing) difficulties
Spread of infection
In order to lessen the risk of spreading infection, there are some steps that everyone can take.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water and avoid touching your face
- Keep a distance from other people and do not shake hands or kiss
- Cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow or sleeve
- 4. Use paper tissues and dispose of them after use
Information in English on the COVID-19 virus can be found here:
The Public Health Agency of Sweden:
European Center for Disease Prevention and Control:
World health organisation:
Emergency information from Swedish authorities: